I know – not another challenge – but I took part in this one last year and just found out Darlene has taken over the hosting job.
Do you love to read books in a series? If you are like me, you get excited when a new series gets published! I am always on the look-out for the next great series that I can devour.
Here are the challenge details:
1. This challenge will run from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013.
2. You can join the challenge at any time. All books read during the challenge period count for the challenge, regardless of when you sign up.
3. This challenge can cross-over to your other reading challenges.
4. You do not need a blog to participate! If you are not a blogger, you can post your reviews at Goodreads, Shelfari, or LibraryThing and link them up here.
5. All formats of books are acceptable: Bound copies, e-books, and audiobooks (unabridged only).
6. There are four levels for the challenge:
a. Series Novice: Read 5 books that are first in a series.
b. Series Lover: Read 10 books that are first in a series.
c. Series Expert: Read 20 books that are first in a series.
d. Series Fanatic: Read 30 books that are first in a series.
7. When you write your sign-up post, you must choose your level. You can go up, but you cannot go down!
8. There will be a link-up for your reviews, which will be posted on THIS
9. There will be a link for your wrap-up post at the end of the challenge, which will be posted on THIS
10. Create a sign-up post and link back to this post
. Sign up with Mister Linky below! Be sure to use the direct url to your sign-up post and not the url to your blog.
11. Grab the challenge button and post it in your sidebar. Copy and paste this HTML code into an HTML gadget for your sidebar: <a href=”http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2012/12/2013-1st-in-series-challenge.html”><img alt=”2013 1st In A Series Challenge” src=”http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0ykcwC5ah3M/UODiNUBtcXI/AAAAAAAAOpk/1vEUBUhZU4M/s320/1st+in+a+series.jpg” width=”190″ /></a>
All the links are to Darlene’s Blog.
I am signing up as a Series Novice /5 books
because I am already enjoying so many series I don’t know if I can start 10 new ones.
I will move up a level if I am able.
Click on any link or the button at the top of the post to join this challenge!
Your Escape With A Good Book Travel Agent