This will be my second year doing this challenge and hope you will all try it. It is a lot of fun finding books to match the categories. Just click on the picture above to join the fun!!
Here’s How It Works
Between January 1 and December 31, 2012, read one book in each of the following categories:
- A book with a topographical feature (land formation) in the title: Black Hills, Purgatory Ridge, Emily of Deep Valley
- A book with something you’d see in the sky in the title: Moon Called, Seeing Stars, Cloud Atlas
- A book with a creepy crawly in the title: Little Bee, Spider Bones, The Witches of Worm
- A book with a type of house in the title: The Glass Castle, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest, Ape House
- A book with something you’d carry in your pocket, purse, or backpack in the title: Sarah’s Key, The Scarlet Letter, Devlin Diary
- A book with a something you’d find on a calendar in the title: Day of the Jackal, Elegy for April, Freaky Friday, Year of Magical Thinking
The book titles are just suggestions, you can read whatever book you want to fit the category.
Other Things to Know
Books may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
Books may overlap other challenges.
Books may not overlap categories; you need a different book for each category.
Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed but encouraged.
You do not have to make a list of books before hand.
You do not have to read through the categories in any particular order.
On January 1, Beth will publish 7 posts, each with a Mr. Linky (one for each category and one for your wrap-up post), on her blog so you’ll have a place post links to your reviews (bloggers) or leave comments (non-bloggers) as you finish up each category.
You’ll be able to find these posts during the year by clicking on the button in the sidebar.
Tip: If you’re ever struggling to find a title to match a category, check out what other people have read so you can get ideas or be inspired. And remember to be creative.
I will be tracking my progress on the Challenges Page.
Just click on the tab at the top of the page!
Comment on “What’s In A Name Challenge 2012”
Sounds like fun…can’t wait!
Comments are closed.