The challenge is hosted by The Book Chicks at Book Chick City.
Last year I did really well on this challenge completing my 12 books by mid-August. I am sticking with the 12 book level this year.
Here are the details:
• Timeline: 01 Jan 2012 – 31 Dec 2012
• Rules: There are TWO LEVELS you can choose from:
– Read TWELVE (12) mystery & suspense novels in 2012
– Read TWENTY FOUR (24) mystery & suspense novels in 2012
• You don’t have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.
• You can join at anytime. All books read in 2012 count towards the challenge regardless of when you sign up.
• At the beginning of Jan 2012, you will find a link to specific month to add your reviews.
• Audiobooks do not count, but all other formats are accepted.
• This challenge can crossover to other challenges.
• You don’t have to have a blog to join in – for those without a blog just go to here to fill out a form and you will be added to the list – just join the discussion in the comments section to let us know when you’ve read a book and what you thought of it! 🙂
• You can choose from the numerous sub-genres of mystery and suspense, from cozy mysteries such as Agatha Christie to the more hard-boiled kind like V I Warshawski by Sara Paretsky, or romantic suspense written by the likes of Linda Howard, forensic crime such as those written by Kathy Reichs and even paranormal/supernatural suspense such as Kelley Armstrong. I’m sure this challenge will have something for everyone! 🙂
I use my not cozy mysteries for this challenge, but you can decide your own genre or mix them up. Click on any of the links to sign up.