One of the things I have been trying to improve on is visiting more blogs each week.
Doing this has led me to some very interesting blog posts so I am going to use
Saturday Surfin” to bring some of these posts to your attention.
I met Bev of Beverly’s Back Porch when I was part of the Feel Good Friday meme. I learned quickly she was a wonderful woman with a huge heart and her blog was my go to place for yummy recipes. Her last post was back in September and I knew she was having medical issues but I was shocked to learn that she passed away this week. I know she had a niece that was very special to her so I will keep her in by prayers. Rest in Peace, Bev, your friends will miss you. 🙁
Are you reading more e-books than you have before? I know I am! I found this new meme that I may start participating in after the new year. Even if you don’t have a blog this may be a feature to watch and follow just to learn about all the fantastic books available. It is hosted by I Am A Reader, Not A Writer. Click on the button above to see this week’s post.
In 2011 I read 197 books so that was my goal this year and then I hoped to Outdo Myself by reading 20 more books this year. I have finished 12 of those 20 so far. So I am going try again in 2013.
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2013 – December 31, 2013 (books read prior to 1/1/2013 do not count towards the challenge). You can join at anytime.Sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
- The goal is to outdo yourself by reading more books in 2013 than you did in 2012. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. You can move up a level as often as you’d like but no moving down.
- Books can be any format (bound, ebook, audio).
- Novellas that are at least 100 pages in length, as well as full-length novels, will count for this reading challenge.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- Grab the reading challenge button and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress. Please include a link back to this sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too. You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads or LibraryThing.
Getting my heart rate up – Read 1–5 more books
Out of breath – Read 6–10 more books
Breaking a sweat – Read 11–15 more books
I’m on fire! – Read 16+ more books
I am signing up at the Out of Breath level for 2013!
The books in the Women’s Murder Club series by James Patterson are:
- 1st to Die (Women’s Murder Club, Book #1)
- 2nd Chance (Women’s Murder Club, Book #2)
- 3rd Degree (Women’s Murder Club, Book #3)
- 4th of July (Women’s Murder Club, Book #4)
- The 5th Horseman (Women’s Murder Club, Book #5)
- The 6th Target (Women’s Murder Club, Book #6)
- 7th Heaven (Women’s Murder Club, Book #7)
- The 8th Confession (Women’s Murder Club, Book #8)
- The 9th Judgment (Women’s Murder Club, Book #9)
- 10th Anniversary (Women’s Murder Club, Book #10)
- 11th Hour (Women’s Murder Club, Book #11)
- 12th of Never (Women’s Murder Club, Book #12) – expected publication in 2013
Please read below for the challenge guidelines.
2013 Women’s Murder Club Reading Challenge
Here are the challenge details:
1. This challenge will run from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013.
2. You can join the challenge at any time, whether you haven’t yet started the series or are already halfway through. All books read in 2013 count for the challenge, regardless of when you sign up.
3. This challenge can cross-over to your other reading challenges.
4. You do not need a blog to participate! If you are not a blogger, you can post your reviews at Goodreads, Shelfari, or LibraryThing and link them up here.
5. All formats of books are acceptable: Bound copies, e-books, and audiobooks (as long as they are unabridged).
6. There are four levels for the challenge:
a. Level 1 “Amateur Sleuth”:Read 1-3 books in the series.
b. Level 2 “Detective in Training”: Read 4-6 books in the series.
c. Level 3 “Private Eye”: Read 7-9 books in the series.
d. Level 4 “Seasoned Professional”: Read 10-12 books in the series.
7. When you write your sign-up post, you must choose your level. You can go up, but you cannot go down!
8. There will be a linky for your reviews, which will be posted onTHIS page at the beginning of the year.
9. There will be a linky for your wrap-up post at the end of the year.
10. Create a sign-up post and link back to this post. Sign up with Mister Linky here! Be sure to use the direct url to your sign-up post and not the url to your blog.
9. Grab the challenge button and post it in your sidebar. Copy and paste [the] HTML code into an HTML gadget for your sidebar.
I need this challenge so I can get caught up on this series. Books 9, 10 and 11 are shouting from my To-Be-Read stacks and 12 is coming out soon! So Amateur Sleuth it is, that will catch me up!!
That’s it for week 11 of Saturday Surfin’. If you see some posts you feel should be shared please leave the links in the comments section for people to visit. The weeks are too short to travel to all the wonderful blogs in the blogosphere but together we can help find and direct each other to at least a few.