One of the things I have been trying to improve on is visiting more blogs each week.
Doing this has led me to some very interesting blog posts so I am going to use
Saturday Surfin” to bring some of these posts to your attention.
The prayers continue today for the people of Newtown Connecticut
and their friends and families.
Just click on the buttons to go to the hosting blog!
BA’s 2013 Off the Shelf Reading Challenge
About: The Off the Shelf Reading Challenge is probably the most popular challenge there is on BA. The goal? To read books on your shelves that have gone unread for far too long. Selecting books from the year before (in this case, 2012 and before), read as many of the unread ones as you can. It’s up to you if you want to keep them or give them away afterwards, the main goal is to turn those unread books into read ones.
The Finer Deets
- The Main Rule: Do not include books acquired during 2013, it defeats the purpose, read those books from before 2013 started.
- Running dates for all 2013 challenges: 1st of January – 31st of December 2013
- Sign-Ups are accepted until the 16th of December 2013.
- Formats: All BA Challenges are eBook, audio, short story, and graphic novel friendly.
- Crossovers: You’re welcome to crossover with BA’s challenges. Include as many books across all the challenges as you can, I always say.
How To Sign-Up and Join In
- Choose Your Level: Choose a challenge level listed below.
- Sign Up Post: Create a post on your blog, in a group, or on a forum (where possible) to let others see what you’re aiming for (a predefined list of books is optional).
- Grab The Badge: Download or grab the badge and place it in your sign up post. Then link back to Bookish Ardour.
- Link Up: Grab the direct URL to your sign up post, not your blog, click the Mr Linky graphic and enter your link.
- Blogless? Don’t worry, you can sign up with your social network profile (YouTube, Twitter, GoodReads, Shelfari included), just make sure you link to your review list, shelf, tweet, or category. If you don’t have any of those feel free to comment.
- Your Reviews: Reviewing is optional! But if you do review it would be great for you to share them by submitting them on the review page.
- Finished: When you’re done it’s completion post time and you can share these on the completion/wrap-up page.
- Tempted– Choose 5 books to read
- Trying – Choose 15 books to read
- Making A Dint – Choose 30 books to read
- On A Roll – Choose 50 books to read
- Flying Off – Choose 75 books to read
- Hoarder – Choose between 76-135 books to read
- Buried – Choose between 136-200 books to read
If you feel like that extra kick to your reading challenges here’s a couple you can choose from.
- World: Choose a country as your theme, reading only books from that country or where it’s the setting. For how high you go you can choose more than one country;
- Level Tempted and Trying: Choose one country
- Level Making a Dint and On A Roll: Choose two countries
- Level Flying Off to end of Hoarder: Choose three countries
- Level Buried: Choose four countries.
- Gender Battle: Read books only by female or male authors. Another alternative is to read equal amounts of both.
Click the Mr Linky and away you go!
I plan to keep my Just For Fun Challenge books separate from this challenge so I am signing up at the Tempted Level of 5 books. If I meet both challenges that is 17 books off my shelf.
Some of us have a bit of a problem.
Some of us have a huge problem.
Cheryl from CMash Loves to Read and Gina from Hott Books are two such people. And they are the founding mothers of the Reading Challenge Addict Blog. Bev from My Reader’s Block is one with a HUGE problem and the current author and caretaker of the Blog. We each can stand proudly and say,
I am a Reading Challenge Addict.
So they are challenging each of you who can also say that you also are a Reading Challenge Addict.
There will be random prizes and recognition for those who are meeting their own expectations by completing the challenges they’ve entered.
How addicted are you?
Easy as Pie: 1-5 Challenges (Entered & Completed)
On the Roof: 6-10 Challenges (Entered & Completed)
In Flight: 11-15 Challenges (Entered & Completed)
Out of This World: 16+ Challenges (Entered & Completed)
We’re not making this a difficult challenge, actually, it’s going to be very simple!
The newest edition of the challenge will begin on January 1 and end on December 31, 2013.
Write a starting post joining the challenge and outlining your challenges.
Track all of your challenge accomplishments – good & bad.
Stop by to join us in the mini-challenges, updates & extra giveaways throughout the year.
Comment like crazy and offer support for your fellow addicts.
Easy, right? Who wants to be in on the fun? What else will be on offer? Random giveaways for participants to enter and unannounced special drawings for commenters on the site so be sure to leave your email address with your comment! Are you ready? Sign up on the Challenge Addicts 2013 page.
I, Dollycas, am a Challenge Addict!!
In 2012 I was competing in 19 Challenges.
I haven’t come up with a total count for 2013 because a few of my favorite challenges
have not been announced yet.
There are a few I will keep up on my own if they are not formally hosted by others.
As of today I am entered in 11 Challenges so I think it is safe to say
I will need the OUT OF THIS WORLD level.
That’s it for week 12 of Saturday Surfin’. If you see some posts you feel should be shared please leave the links in the comments section for people to visit. The weeks are too short to travel to all the wonderful blogs in the blogosphere but together we can help find and direct each other to at least a few.