I have going to try to cut back a little bit on Reading Challenges in 2014. Since Great Escapes Book Tours is really taking off I doubt I will be able to read 200 books. With this in mind my first challenge will be the
YOU READ HOW MANY BOOKS CHALLENGE
This year’s host is Gina @ Book Dragon’s Lair
- Read, read, read!
- There are several levels to choose from
Level 1: 100 minimum
Level 2: 150 at least
Level 3: 200 or more
- You may move up a level but not down
- You don’t need a blog to participate. As long as wherever you link to is public so we can check out your books read.
- Reviews are not necessary (but there will be a post so you can link up) but a list of books read is.
- No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
- Books allowed: Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Manga, Graphic Novels, Library books, Novellas, Young Reader, Nonfiction – as long as the book has an ISBN or equivalent or can be purchased as such, the book counts.
- Individual short stories in a collection or individual books in the Bible do not count
- Crossovers from other reading challenges count.
- Challenge begins January 1st, 2014 thru December 31, 2014. Books started before the 1st do not count. You can join at anytime.
- Please sign up with a direct link so the rest of us can find your list of books read.
I am signing up at Level 2 – at least 150 books.
I have really enjoyed by Kindle Fire so the next challenge is
2014 Ebook Reading Challenge.
Reading Challenge Details:
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2014 – Dec 31, 2014.
- Anyone can join, you don’t need to be a blogger. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to sign-up in the comments. You can post reviews to any book site (i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Goodreads, etc).
- Any genre or length of book counts, as long as it is in ebook format.
- You can plan your books in advance or as you read them.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the E-Book Reading Challenge.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2014, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- Floppy disk – 5 ebooks
- CD – 10 ebooks
- DVD – 25 ebooks
- Memory stick – 50 ebooks
- Hard drive – 75 ebooks
- Server – 100 ebooks
- Human brain – 150 ebooks
This reading challenge is hosted by Workaday Reads. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.
You know I LOVE COZIES so I have to sign up for Yvonne’s
Welcome to the fourth annual Cruisin’ thru the Cozies Reading Challenge! I’m still loving the cozies and this is one of the few challenges I plan to continue hosting.
To find out exactly what a cozy mystery is, check out Cozy-Mystery.com. This site is dedicated to cozy mysteries and does a great job of defining them as well as giving a list of cozy mysteries. This challenge is NOT restricted to what is on their list, it’s just to be used as a guideline in case you need some hints on what to read.
So, here are the rules…
1. Choose the level you wish to participate:
Level 1 – Snoop – Read at least 6 books
Level 2 – Investigator – Read 7-12 books
Level 3 – Super Sleuth – Read 13 or more books
****AMENDED: LEVEL 3 – SUPER SLEUTH – READ 13-20 BOOKS
LEVEL 4 – Sleuth Extraordinaire – Read 20 or more
2. The challenge runs from January 1, 2014 and ends December 31, 2014.
3. You don’t have to choose your books in advance. If you do, you can change your list at any time during the year. Books can overlap with other challenges.
4. Books can be in any format – paper, audio, ebooks…it all counts!
5. You don’t have to post a review, but I’m sure others would love to know about the books you are reading and may even want to add it to their reading lists.
NOTE: If you don’t have a blog and want to participate, that’s fine. You don’t have to have a blog, just post in the comments section as you finish books. If you belong to a site like Goodreads and review the books there, that’s fine too. Just leave us the link. I also have a group for this challenge on Goodreads and you can sign up by clicking here.
6. Take the button above, put it on your blog and post about the challenge. Then add your name to Mr. Linky here. Please use the link of your challenge post, not the link to your home page.
7. I’m going to have one link for signing up, one link for completed reviews and one link for your wrap up posts. I won’t be having a monthly link, just one for all reviews read for this challenge.
This reading challenge is hosted by Socrates’ Book Review Blog. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.
or just click on the Challenges tab at the top of my blog.
I have found the easiest way to create Progress Bars is using Nanowrimo Word Meter.
– A Novel Challenge –
has a great list!
Part 2 – Coming Soon!!