Murder in the Mystery Suite made the NY TIMES BESTSELLER LIST!!!! #11
This is Ellery’s bio from her webpage and book covers: Ellery Adams grew up on a beach near the Long Island Sound. Having spent her adult life in a series of landlocked towns, she cherishes her memories of open water, violent storms, and the smell of the sea. Ms. Adams has held many jobs including caterer, retail clerk, car salesperson, teacher, tutor, and tech writer, all the while penning poems, children’s books, and novels. She now writes full-time from her home in Virginia.
But I wanted to know more so I decided to play a little Twenty Quick Questions with her:
1. Favorite Color – Blue
2. Favorite Candy – Cadbury Milk Chocolate bar
3. Favorite Snack – Beanitos (they’re like Doritos, but made from beans)
4. Favorite Soft Drink – Don’t drink sodas anymore, but it used to be Coke Zero.
5. Favorite Hard Drink – Margarita
6. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor – Pralines and Cream (from BR)
7. Favorite Movie – Star Wars tied with Love, Actually
8. Favorite TV Show – Downton Abbey
9. Favorite Book – I could maybe come up with a top 10, but 1? Can’t do it!
10. Favorite Fictional Character – Gandolf
11. Favorite Super Hero – Aquaman (he can talk to dolphins and sharks!)
12. Favorite Singer/Group/Band – Simon and Garfunkel
13. Favorite Carnival Ride – The swings
14. Favorite Spring Activity – Gardening
15. Favorite Summer Activity – Reading by any body of water
16. Favorite Fall Activity – decorating for Halloween
17. Favorite Winter Activity – all things Christmas and the touch of the first snowfall
18. Favorite Place to Read – sofa with blanket and cat on lap
19. Favorite Place to Write – my office in the front of the house with cat on desk, printer, and often, on lap
20. Dream Vacation Destination – Greek Isles
Leave it in the comment section below or just leave her a message.
Next Friday I will choose ONE comment at random and that person will win a copy of
Murder in the Mystery Suite (A Book Retreat Mystery)
First in a new series!
WHO WOULD RESORT TO MURDER?
Tucked away in the rolling hills of rural western Virginia is the storybook resort of Storyton Hall, catering to book lovers who want to get away from it all. To increase her number of bookings, resort manager Jane Steward has decided to host a Murder and Mayhem week so that fans of the mystery genre can gather together for some role-playing and fantasy crime solving.
But when the winner of the scavenger hunt, Felix Hampden, is found dead in the Mystery Suite, and the valuable book he won as his prize is missing, Jane realizes one of her guests is an actual murderer. Amid a resort full of fake detectives, Jane is bound and determined to find a real-life killer. There’s no room for error as Jane tries to unlock this mystery before another vacancy opens up…
Stay tuned for more fun with Ellery and her books!