I have already posted about the Reading Challenges I am hosting.
2020 Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge
2020 Alphabet Soup – Author Edition Reading Challenge
2020 LITERARY ESCAPES CHALLENGE
2020 Craving For Cozies Reading Challenge
So now it is time to start traveling around the blogosphere and find the challenges hosted by others that I want to participate in. Note that all information is copied from the hosting blogs and you must go to their blogs to sign up.
PRINT ONLY 2020 READING CHALLENGE
Hosted by As Told By Tina
It seems I am reading less and less print books each year so I am signing up at the 40-49 – Expert Status level.
- The Challenge begins January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020
- All Books read for this challenge MUST BE PHYSICAL BOOKS (paperbacks, hardbacks, picture books)
- All genres count and re-reading and crossovers are encouraged!
- Books can be any length.
How To Join
- Post your intention to join the challenge! A blog post, an instagram picture, a tweet, youtube video, or goodreads shelf will do. It’s whatever works for you.
- You do not need to be a blogger to join. But I’d love for you to help me spread the word about the challenge.
- If you are a blogger, I’d love for you to make a sign up post (it doesn’t have to be one whole post dedicated to the challenge, you can include other challenges you are joining) just make sure to link back to the sign up.
Official Challenge Tags #PrintOnly2020
Dates To Remember
In 2019, I had posted monthly link ups for Print Only, however, I found that was way too time consuming. So this year, I decided to do quarterly updates. The link ups will open on the first and close on the last day of the month.
April – June Quarterly Link Up
July – September Quarterly Link Up
October – December Quarterly Link Up
This year, I decided to add a readathon to For The Love Of Ebooks! The first For The Love of Ebooks readathon will be July 26- August 1. You can follow us on twitter here for all announcements.
Details for the readathon will be released on June 1st.
I decided to add a bingo card to the challenge. THIS IS OPTIONAL! But I divided it up by the four quarters to go with the quarterly link ups. So you have from the first of the month till the last day of the quarter to complete the card, if you decide to do the bingo option.
Second Quarter Bingo
Third Quarter Bingo
Fourth Quarter Bingo
The goal of Print Only is to challenge yourself, so I’d love for you to pick a level. You are NOT locked into the goal, you can move up and down as you need. I totally understand that life happens and sometimes you just need to scale back.
1-9 – Rookie Status
10-19 – Semi Pro Status
20-29 – Pro Status
30-39 – Veteran Status
40-49 – Expert Status
50-59 – Master Status
60+ Legend Status
If you’d like to use the following tweets or images to announce that you are joining the challenge, please feel free to do so.
2020 FINISHING THE SERIES READING CHALLENGE
Hosted by Celebrity Readers
This series gives me the push I need and help me clear my TBR stacks. I am again signing up at the B-LIST SERIES FINISHER ⇒ COMPLETE 5-8 SERIES.
Sign Up Here!
We’re back for another year!! This challenge is focused on finally finishing those series that you’ve started but not yet completed. It was previously hosted by Bea’s Book Nook, but we’ve been hosting it since 2018.
January to March Link-Up
April to June Link-Up
July to September Link-Up
October to December Link-Up
While we’re pretty lax about how you wish to set up this challenge for yourself, we do have a few guidelines to follow.
- The challenge will run from January 1st, 2020 to December 31st, 2020. Books must be read during this time frame to count. Sign up is open from now until December 1st, 2020, so you may join even just for the last month of the year.
- Series can be already completed as well as still ongoing. For ongoing series, the goal is to catch up to the most recent book published by the end of 2020.
- We don’t care if you have only 1 book or 10 books to read in order to finish your series, as long as you’ve started the series before 2020 (ie read at least one book in the series), it counts. Re-reads are not required.
- Any format and length of book counts – print, ebook, audio, ARC, etc.
- Series can be any length (even if it’s just a Duet).
- Crossovers from other challenges are totally acceptable!
- Reviews are not required but highly encouraged.
How to Play:
- Declare your intentions to participate in this challenge somewhere on the internet!! You do not need to be a blogger to participate, there are many ways to declare. You could write a blog post, create a reading challenge page, create a Goodreads shelf containing series you hope to finish, post about it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Some things you could include (but that aren’t required):
- A link to this page so that others may find us and join the fun as well (feel free to download the button at the top to use in your posts).
- A list of series you hope to read for this challenge. You could even get fancy and list the length of the series, or the books you’ve already read, etc.
- The level you are aiming for.
- Sign up for the challenge using the link up below, and link directly to where you’ve declared your intentions (ie to the specific blog post, the goodreads shelf, the facebook post, etc).
- We will be posting quarterly link ups for you to add links to your reviews or any wrap-up/overview posts you wish to share.
- Go forth and READ!! And have fun!!
- Use the hashtag #FinishingTheSeries2020 on any social media to keep up with other participants!
Uh…your own sense of pride in achieving a goal? Sorry folks, we’re not actually that motivated by prizes ourselves, so we’re just offering bragging rights. But we can offer you some pretty graphics to either declare your goal or to use as a badge once achieved!
We offer you 3 different “Celebrity” levels of achievement for this reading challenge:
C-LIST SERIES FINISHER ⇒ COMPLETE 1-4 SERIES.
B-LIST SERIES FINISHER ⇒ COMPLETE 5-8 SERIES.
A-LIST SERIES FINISHER ⇒ COMPLETE 9+ SERIES.
Cruisin’ Thru The Cozies Reading Challenge 2020
Hosted by Socrates’ Book Reviews…
Since I read a lot of Cozies I am signing up at the Level four (Sleuth Extraordinaire) Level.
You can Sign Up Here.
Welcome to the tenth annual Cruisin’ thru the Cozies Reading Challenge! Once again, I’m giving challengers two options – one is to read only sub-genres and the other is to read cozy mysteries of your choice.
To find out exactly what a cozy mystery is, check out Cozy-Mystery.com. This site is dedicated to cozy mysteries and does a great job of defining them as well as giving a list of cozy mysteries. This challenge is NOT restricted to what is on their list, it’s just to be used as a guideline in case you need some hints on what to read.
This year’s cozy mystery reading challenge has two ways to participate and you can choose whichever suits you the best:
A) Read only cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read one book from these sub-genres:
- One from culinary (anything dealing with food: restaurants, baked goods, etc.)
- One from animal related (cats, dogs, birds, etc.)
- One from craft related (any kind of hobbies – knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, etc.)
- One from paranormal (witches, vampires, etc.)
- One from cozy mysteries based outside the US (example: Belinda Lawrence series (British))
- One career-based cozy mystery (housekeeping, wedding planner, etc.)
- One holiday based (set during any holiday – Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines, etc.)
- One travel mystery (character could be on a cruise, touring another area, etc.)
- One historical mystery (any mystery not set in the present)
- One is your choice! (freebie!)
Here are the levels you can join for either A or B…
Level one (Snoop) –
A) Read 10 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read one book in each of the above cozy sub-genres (total of 10 books)
Level two (Investigator) –
A) Read 20 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read all the books in level one plus an additional 10 cozy books of your choice (total of 20)
Level three (Super Sleuth) –
A) Read 30 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read two books from each sub-genre in level one plus an additional 10 cozy books of your choice (total of 30 books)
Level four (Sleuth Extraordinaire) –
A)Read 40 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B)Read two books from each sub-genre in level one plus an additional 20 cozy books of your choice (total of 40 books)
Here are the rules…
- The challenge runs from January 1, 2020 and ends December 31, 2020.
You don’t have to choose your books in advance. If you do, you can change your list at any time during the year. Books can overlap with other challenges.
Books can be in any format – paper, audio, ebooks…it all counts!
You don’t have to post a review, but I’m sure others would love to know about the books you are reading and may even want to add it to their reading lists.
NOTE: If you don’t have a blog and want to participate, that’s fine. You don’t have to have a blog, just post in the comments section as you finish books. If you belong to a site like Goodreads and review the books there, that’s fine too. Just leave us the link. I also have a group for this challenge on Goodreads and you can sign up here.
- If you do have a blog, take the button above, put it on your blog and post about the challenge. Then add your name to Mr. Linky. Please use the link of your challenge post, not the link to your home page.
I’m going to have one link for signing up, one link for completed reviews and one link for your wrap up posts. I won’t be having a monthly link, just one for all reviews read for this challenge.
What’s in a Name 2020 Challenge
Hosted by Carolina Book Nook
This is a challenge that always tests me.
You can sign up here.
Welcome to the 13th annual What’s in a Name challenge! In years past, this challenge was hosted by Charlie at The Worm Hole. I took over for 2019 and I’m excited to host again this year!
The challenge runs from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020. You can sign up any time, but only count books that you read between those dates.
Read a book in any format (hard copy, ebook, audio) with a title that fits into each category.
Don’t use the same book for more than one category.
Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed, it’s encouraged!
You can choose your books as you go or make a list ahead of time.
Sign up using the Mr Linky with a link to your WIAN challenge page/post, not your main blog URL. Feel free to save and use the graphic at the top of the page! Also, link back to this sign up page in your challenge post so others can join too.
The categories below are links to each category sign up link. Add your book review for each category so we can see what you’ve read and discover ideas as needed.
Here are the categories for 2020:
- An ampersand – & (ex. Blanca & Roja, Rot & Ruin)
- An antonym (ex. Big Little Lies, Wicked Saints)
- 4 letters or less (ex. Feed, Vox)
- A given/first name (ex. Tess of the Road, Flowers for Algernon)
- Reference to children (ex. Baby Proof, Children of Blood and Bone)
- One of the 4 natural elements – water, air, fire, earth (ex. The River at Night, The Name of the Wind)
Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions! Thanks and happy reading!
This is just part two of my planned challenges. I will post more soon.
You can go to the Sleep Less – Read More Facebook page to find many more challenges. A Novel Challenge is also a great resource.