Craving For Cozies 2017 – Reading Challenge
Cozy mysteries, also referred to simply as “cozies”, are a sub-genre of crime fictionmysteries in which sex and violence are downplayed or treated humorously, and the crime and detection take place in a small, socially intimate community. The crime solver is an amateur sleuth, usually but not always a woman, who is thrust into the aftermath of the murder. The protagonist frequently has an occupation or hobby that brings appealing information to the reader.
The challenge runs from January 1, 2017 and ends December 31, 2017
1. Choose the level you wish to participate:
- Peckish – 1 – 10 Cozy Mysteries
- Famished – 11 – 20 Cozy Mysteries
- Yearning – 21 – 40 Cozy Mysteries
- Starving – 41 – 60 Cozy Mysteries
- Ravenous – 61 – 80 Cozy Mysteries
- Voracious – 81 – 100 Cozy Mysteries
- Completely Satiated – 101 or more
2. You can Feed Your Need To Read with print, digital or audio books.
3. You do not have to post a review but the authors would appreciate it if you did. If you need help just let me know.
4. You do not need to have a blog to participate.
Just keep track any way you wish and enter a link below or sign up in the comment section. You can even set up a special shelf on Goodreads.com to help you keep track! Your can also participate via Facebook. You can find the Craving for Cozies Facebook Group here.
5. If you do have a blog, take the button above, put it on your blog and post about the challenge.
6. Follow Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book for cozy giveaways and reviews.
7. There is also Craving for Cozies Facebook Group. Everyone can share and discuss the cozies we are reading. Just click here to join. I will also host some pop-up giveaways during the year.
8. Please share with us the books you are reading all year long by leaving comments on this page or on the Event page on Facebook.
9. No matter how you enter or keep track when you complete this challenge please FILL OUT THIS FORM no later than January 15, 2018.
10. HAVE FUN!!
I have changed from a Linky link up to a Google Form for 2017 because Google Forms are FREE! If you have already signed up on the Linky I have transferred your information to the new form.
Comments on “Craving For Cozies 2017 – Reading Challenge”
Love my cozies!!
Here is the link to my blog post about this challenge. http://janereads2.blogspot.com/2017/01/craving-for-cozies-2017-reading.html
I also entered it on your form just now. Disregard the first form I filled out, please.
Just signed up for the challenge! I have so many cozies on my Kindle app just waiting to be read, this will give me the perfect excuse! 😛 Here is my blog post link: https://christineocheallaigh.wordpress.com/2017/01/14/craving-for-cozies-reading-challenge-2017/
I’ve never been good at figuring out how to use those buttons everyone seems so fond of, and not sure where I’d put it on my WordPress site anyway, so I guess my sharing the challenge everywhere and posting about it on my site will have to do.
With all the other books I plan to read this year, assuming I get them all read, I should easily be able to make Yearning level, but we’ll see.
I am joining at the Peckish level.
I have just added “The Mysterious Death of Miss Jane Austen” by Lindsay Ashford. I have to say it was a wonderful book, and I learned so much about Jane Austen. ???
I have recently reviewed The Champagne Conspiracy by Ellen Crosby here: http://readingbooksagain.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-champagne-conspiracy.html.
I have just reviewed Susan Wittig Albert’s The Last Chance Olive Ranch here: http://readingbooksagain.blogspot.com/2017/05/the-last-chance-olive-ranch.html.
Is Facebook the only way to add a book review link? I am confused where to put my reviews. Nevertheless, I have just reviewed The Perplexing Theft of the Jewel in the Crown by Vaseem Khan here: http://readingbooksagain.blogspot.com/2017/07/the-perplexing-theft-of-jewel-in-crown.html?m=0
I’ve finished my commitment! Wrap-up Post HERE. Thanks for sponsoring!