JUST FOR FUN!
Cozy mysteries, also referred to simply as “cozies”, are a sub-genre of crime fiction mysteries in which sex and violence are downplayed or treated humorously, and the crime and detection take place in a small, socially intimate community. The crime-solver is an amateur sleuth, usually but not always a woman, who is thrust into the aftermath of the murder. The protagonist frequently has an occupation or hobby that brings appealing information to the reader.
Challenge – Read as many cozy mysteries as you can in 2024!
The challenge runs from January 1, 2024, and ends on December 31, 2024.
1. Choose the level at which you would like to participate:
- Peckish – 1 – 25 Cozy Mysteries
- Famished – 26 – 51 Cozy Mysteries
- Yearning – 51 – 75 Cozy Mysteries
- Starving – 76 – 100 Cozy Mysteries
- Ravenous – 101 – 125 Cozy Mysteries
- Voracious – 126 – 150 Cozy Mysteries
- Overindulged – 151 – 200 Cozy Mysteries
- Pigged Out – 201 or more Cozy Mysteries
You can always go up a level but you can’t go down.
2. You can Feed Your Need To Read with print, digital, or audiobooks.
3. You do not have to post a review but the authors would appreciate it if you did. If you need help just let me know.
4. You do not need to have a blog to participate. If you do have a blog, take the button above, put it on your blog, and post about the challenge.
5. Join the Craving for Cozies Facebook Group here and share your progress with everyone.
6. Follow Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book (right sidebar) for cozy giveaways and reviews.
7. You can keep track any way you wish. You can even set up a special shelf on Goodreads.com to help you keep track! It is super easy, Just click the MY BOOKS tab at the top of the page. When that page opens just click – ADD A SHELF in the left-hand sidebar. Title it Craving for Cozies Challenge and you are all set.
The form has a spot to request a copy of your responses so you can save it and be able to refresh your memory as to which level you signed up for.
If you post about your books on Social Media, please use the hashtag #CravingCozies
An Optional Mini Challenge
Please List the Title and the Author
A BOOK BY AN AUTHOR WITH AN INITIAL IN THEIR NAME –
A BOOK PUBLISHED BEFORE 2000 –
A BOOK SET OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES –
A BOOK SET IN WISCONSIN OR TEXAS –
A BOOK BY A NEW TO YOU AUTHOR –
A BOOK SHORTER THAN 200 PAGES –
A BOOK THAT IS MORE THAN THE 6TH BOOK IN A SERIES –
A BOOK WITH AN ANIMAL ON THE COVER –
A BOOK CLASSIFIED AS A HISTORICAL COZY MYSTERY –
A BOOK THAT HAS BEEN ON YOUR TO-BE-READ STACK FOR MORE THAN 3 YEARS –
A BOOK ABOUT A GHOST OR A WITCH –
A BOOK ABOUT THAT INCLUDES RECIPES –
We have had such fun the past few years with the Mini Challenges in the Alphabet Soup Challenge that I host that I wanted to add a Mini Challenge to this challenge as well. This Mini Challenge is completely optional and instead of a different challenge each month this will be a year-long challenge. You can set your own schedule just as long as you complete it by December 31, 2024.
I am calling this the Craving for Cozies Library Card Challenge. You must “check out” a book that fits each prompt on your Library Card.
You can print out the picture above and use it to keep track of books for the challenge or you can use the simple list above.
As I said, this is completely optional.
When you complete the Library Card Mini Challenge – FILL OUT THIS FORM
I will choose at least 1 winner in January 2025 from all that complete the challenge.
As requested the Craving for Cozies Reading Challenge including the bonus Craving for Cozies Library Card has been added to Storygraph. https://app.thestorygraph.com/reading_challenges/48251eb5-6d99-4b79-8cf8-88feadddbea0
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Your Escape With A Good Book Travel Agent