Cozy mysteries, also referred to simply as “cozies”, are a sub-genre of crime fiction mysteries in which sex and violence are downplayed or treated humorously, and the crime and detection take place in a small, socially intimate community. The crime-solver is an amateur sleuth, usually but not always a woman, who is thrust into the aftermath of the murder. The protagonist frequently has an occupation or hobby that brings appealing information to the reader.
The challenge runs from January 1, 2019, and ends December 31, 2019
1. Choose the level of which you would like to participate:
- Peckish – 1 – 25 Cozy Mysteries
- Famished – 26 – 51 Cozy Mysteries
- Yearning – 51 – 75 Cozy Mysteries
- Starving – 76 – 100 Cozy Mysteries
- Ravenous – 101 – 125 Cozy Mysteries
- Voracious – 126 – 150 Cozy Mysteries
- Overindulged – 151 – 200 Cozy Mysteries
- Pigged Out – 201 or more Cozy Mysteries
You can always go up a level but you can’t go down.
2. You can Feed Your Need To Read with print, digital or audio books.
3. You do not have to post a review but the authors would appreciate it if you did. If you need help just let me know.
4. You do not need to have a blog to participate. If you do have a blog, take the button above, put it on your blog and post about the challenge.
5. Join the Craving for Cozies Facebook Group here and share your progress with everyone.
6. Follow Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book for cozy giveaways and reviews.
7. You can keep track any way you wish. You can even set up a special shelf on Goodreads.com to help you keep track! It is super easy, Just click the MY BOOKS tab at the top of the page. When that page opens just click – ADD A SHELF in the left-hand sidebar. Title it Craving for Cozies Challenge and you are all set.
9. HAVE FUN!!
10. No matter how you enter or keep track WHEN YOU COMPLETE this challenge please FILL OUT THIS FORM no later than January 15, 2020.
Sponsored by Not Enough Books
Yes, another challenge, and another cozy mystery one at that. Good thing they are my favorites!! The difference with this one is the time frame. It runs just 6 months so I am committing to just 6 books for this one since I am already doing two other Cozy Challenges. This may be fun for those who just want to try a challenge out as there is not a big committment.
Here are the rules:
1. The challenge runs April 1st, 2012 through September 30, 2012.
2. The goal is to read at least 6 cozy mysteries, one for each month. You can choose to read more, but you must read 6 in order to complete this challenge. You don’t have to read 1 each month, you can read them whenever you like, you just have to read at least six.
There are three participation levels for this challenge:
Only the required amount – 6
I think I can do better – 7-10
Feeling very ambitious – 11+
3. While you can overlap with other challenges, please try to have at least 2 of the books only count towards this challenge. However, if you are doing a challenge where you are working towards a page count or book count, it’s ok to count these books towards that challenge.
4.Sign-up using Mr. Linky. While it would be great if you signed up before April 1st, you can sign up anytime between now and September 1st.
5. You do NOT need a blog to participate. If you do have a blog, I would love to see a dedicated post linking back this post, but that’s not required either.
6. You do NOT have to list the books you plan to read ahead of time, although you can if you want to (and the list can change throughout the challenge).
I hope you will join me in this challenge!! You can never read enough cozies 🙂
I can’t resist this challenge!!
Challenge will begin on March 1, 2012 and end on February 28, 2013. The rules are really simple…
1. Read at least 6 books that have any of the following requirements:
a. there is an animal in the title of the book
b. there is an animal on the cover of the book
c. an animal plays a major role in the book
d. a main character is (or turns into) an animal (define that however you’d like).
2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)–dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark…dragon, mermaid, centaur, vampire, werewolf…you get the idea…
3. Challenge runs from March 1, 2012 to February 28, 2013. That’s a full year to read at least 6 books (you can read more if you’d like). You can still sign up after March 1st as long as you can get 6 books read by February 28, 2013).
4. Books can be fiction or nonfiction.
5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or you can just list them as you find them.
6. Book titles may be swapped out at anytime (assuming you made a list to begin with).
7. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.
8. You don’t have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to. If you don’t have a blog, just post in the comment section that you’d like to join. You can post your books in there.
9. Books can be in any format of your choice (print, audio, ebooks)
Want to join me in the fun challenge. You must go to this link to sign up!!!
145. The Chocolate Castle Clue – Joanna Carl
146. Death by the Dozen – Jenn McKinlay
147. Loose Diamonds – Amy Ephon
148. flipped OUT – Jennie Bentley
149. Kitchen Counter Cooking School – Kathleen Flinn
150. Old World Murder – Kathleen Ernst
151. The Heirloom Murders – Kathleen Ernst
152. How To Party With A Killer Vampire – Penny Warner
153. The Girl In The Green = Laura Lippman
154. The Cupcake Witch (short story) – Sharon Chance
155. Liver Let Die – Liz Lipperman
156. Killer Crab Cakes – Livia J. Washburn
157. The Pumpkin Muffin Murders – Livia J. Washburn
158. Recipes To Die For – Lorraine Bartlett
159. Cemtetery Girl – David Bell
160. L.A. Mental – Neil McMahon
161. Nine Lives of Christmas – Sheila Roberts
162. Dangerous Alterations – Elizabeth Lynn Casey
163. Death on a Platter – Elaine Viets
164. The Puppy That Came Home For Christmas -Megan Hix
Another good month!!